A Blog About Inbound Marketing, SEO, Content Marketing, Email Marketing & Analytics
Remarkable content Is a phrase you will hear over and over and over and over again from content marketers all over the web. Although I think the phrase is starting to border on cliché’, if you are going to produce content, it better be remarkable! Here are 6 content tips and 21 resources to help you create remarkable content and turn an ordinary post into a remarkable post, or at the very least a post that doesn’t suck.
Create Remarkable Content – Remarkable content is any piece of content that people love and share. So create content that your target audience will love and then share. Make it memorable, unique and amazing! Here are a few resources to help get your remarkable content juices flowing.
- The Ultimate 8-Point Checklist For Remarkable Content
- Seth Godin’s Advice For Creating Remarkable Content
- 2016 Predictions: New (and Ongoing) Remarkable Content Trend
Find your voice – Finding your voice refers to your writing tone, attitude, style, opinion, thought & philosophy. Are you happy? Be happy, Angry? Be angry! The point I am trying to make is be you. Remember cover bands don’t change the world, you need to find your unique voice if you want to thrive! (What A Great Line, Man, I wish I coined that!)
- How To Craft Your Company’s Story Telling Voice
- Finding Your Blogging Voice
- 10 Questions That Will Help You Find Your Voice
Be Human – Let your human side-show for God sakes!. Remember you are a human and writing for other humans. One of the biggest mistakes you can make when writing is to sound like a corporate white paper or sales brochure. Remember people connect and form relationships with other people not businesses. Work on making connections and building relationships, they matter.
- Marketing Buzzwords, Jargon & Other Bullshit Marketers Say
- Writing With Humanity: Creating Conversational Copy
- 7 Tips For Writing Content Like A Human
Be Passionate – Have you ever talked to a new entrepreneur and listened to the passion in their voice? Their excitement is FUCKING contagious! When they talk about their business they glow, because they love what they do. Make sure that whatever you write about, you do with the same passion, excitement and conviction.
- How To Write With So Much Passion That Readers Will Hire You
- How To Find Your Passion & What You Should Be Blogging About
- How Passion Can Make Or Break Your Writing Career
Be The Expert – What are you good at? Better yet what are you passionate about? Figure out what that is and own it. I guarantee there is an audience searching for what you have to say or a problem you can help them solve.
- Put Your Expertise To Work In A Personal Blog
- Display Your Expertise In Your Business Blog
- Inbound Sales Tips: Showcase Your Personal Expertise Online
Put Your Audience First – I like to think about my audience as the one person reading a post I wrote at any given time. When I write, I imagine that I am talking directly to you. My goal is to help you solve a problem and make you laugh. I didn’t write this post for everybody and anybody, I wrote this post for you!
Other Tips To Help Make Your Content Remarkable
- Don’t publish crap! Always produce the best content possible! The more you write the better you will become.
- Be original, don’t copy and paste someone else work!
- Link to other remarkable content on the web related to your topic.
Other Remarkable Content Resources:
- More Than Personas. How To Know What Your Audience Really Wants
- Being Average Will Get You Nowhere: How To Create Remarkable Content
- The Ultimate Guide To Remarkable Content
Tools To Help You Write Better & Create Remarkable Content.
- Grammarly is a free online proofreader that checks for more than 250 types of spelling, grammar, punctuation and enhances vocabulary usage.
- Readability Test Tool is a FREE online tool that provides a quick and easy way to test the readability of your work. (The reading score for this post was 68.7, Plain English easily understood by ages 13 to 15-year-old students.) Before you laugh, Ernest Hemingway wrote for kids in elementary school.
- Jetpack For WordPress will check your spelling, grammar, and style using After the Deadline proofreading technology. If you use WordPress, make sure you install it. I love it.
I hope this post inspires you to start writing remarkable content. I invite you to share your tips and add to my list. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.